Tuesday 24 September 2013

First monoprint - Identity through print

I had my first ever University workshop. Woohoo! Our project at the moment is looking into our own personal identity. We are using methods of print to help us discover more about ourselves. The first workshop was Monoprint, something I have previous experience with; I wasn't too delighted at the idea. I thought that after my college days that it would be a drag but I used some letter stamps along with the monoprints and actually enjoyed it a lot more than before. I liked mixing the media of stamps and illustrations together. We were only supplied with black and I felt a little restricted by the colour; although colour shouldn't make a difference I am use to doing much more colourful prints. So seeing as I love food, it was the main inspiration as well as Disney!




The 'mmmmm' was actually created with the letter N because I couldn't find an actual M. I just double up two nns to make a lovely m :)

No comments:

Post a Comment