Tuesday 28 June 2016

Final Year Show

The final year show has come and gone! I submitted 3 A2 screen prints along with a landscape book of Renaissance Architecture. After a year of trial and error I finally nailed the technique for large screen prints and I'm really happy with how the finals came out. 





For the show I also created some free to take zine books with a little bit of information about the buildings themselves. I had work on sale in the shop including one of the buildings as well as some prints of the HMS Victory I did previously.





The landscape concertina book, made up of the same prints as the larger scale versions. Handmade the covers and bound myself. I learned so much about Renaissance architecture over the year and it really inspired me. I enjoy historical subjects so much and probably enjoying researching more than producing actual artwork! 




I presented my prints as a sort of "planning wall", perhaps how an architectures study may look. Pinned up prints and plans to build a bigger picture. Although I didn't manage to sell any prints at the show I shall be selling them on my Etsy page. I also have been contacted since with an offer to sell my work on a website but I'm not particularly interested as they were only willing to offer me 20% of the selling price. Now I just have to produce more personal work and get out into the world with my 2:1 degree!

No comments:

Post a Comment