Saturday 18 January 2014

Mixed Media - Methodology

I decided to do some work with water colours and incorporate some photography in with the work. So I thought about using my own stock photos mixed with an illustration of a Robin. It was pretty simple pasting it onto the post but I like how easily the Robin fits into place as if it weren't an illustration at all. I think I might try out different styles of drawing and paste it into similar photographs.

 
I like the contrast of the black post and green vegetation against the Orange breast of the Robin. I'll probably add some artists who use mixed media in this style to my sketch book.
 I found an artist called Nithin Rao Kumblekar which produced a whole series of illustrative images mixed with photographs which I love and would definetely try and do some influential images from.

No comments:

Post a Comment