Tuesday 21 January 2014

Rockin' Robin - Methodology

Moving on, but still using my ProMarkers, I looked at the song "Rockin' Robin" mostly known to be sung by the Jackson 5 but was first sung by Bobby Day. I think there's just something about little Michael singing it that really suits the personality of a Robin. I drew the scene of the Buzzard and the Oriole being "Out-bopped" by the Robin; using type to express the motion and sound of Bop. Bopping is a dance move I can't really imagine a Robin actually doing but I'm sure if he did, it would be in the air; mainly because Robins dart so fast I can't see how a bop would be done on his feet.  

The pretty little raven at the bird man stand
Taught him how to do the bop and it was grand
He started goin' steady and "bless my soul"
He out-bopped the buzzard and the oriole.

How to Bop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bDjjTabSQU

No comments:

Post a Comment