Monday 2 November 2015

Cut and Paste workshop

In a workshop by one of our lecture's, Lorna, I looked at using cut and paste methods from pre-exisiting materials to create a new illustration. I had to choose a type of machine/appliance and create a super hero that held the qualities of that machine. We had to consider costume, accessories and a name. I wanted my super hero to be themed around my current subject, The Renaissance, so I chose the pasta making machine. Using some books I had of Michelangelo's paintings I cut out one that featured Christ and chose him to be the 'Perfect Pasta Painter'; his power of being able to paint pasta perfectly and it comes to live. How does this save the world?.. By providing delicious perfect pasta whenever my super hero paints! He holds his best paint brushes and his staff of pasta to provide those who need a bite to eat.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment