Friday 13 November 2015

St Peter's Architecture

My self directed project for my final third year is The Renaissance. It started off with Rome as a general focus and slowly I decided I love the architecture and artists of the Renaissance period.  I create this image based on work by Cameron Moll who creates images of structures in type. I chose St Peter's because of how impressive the architecture is not just inside but outside too. I used Times New Roman because that's the type face that can be seen on the outside of the building, I only used numerals and letters to create the shape of the building. 
I then took the image and created it into a silk screen, I tried two toned layers as well as including colour to certain parts of the building. I worked at an A3 scale on Photoshop and printed onto A2. You can see the whole collection of prints on my website or by clicking one of the images. 

http://sophiemayking.wix.com/sophieillustration#!renaissance/cyf1

http://sophiemayking.wix.com/sophieillustration#!renaissance/cyf1


No comments:

Post a Comment